home about recipes tips support group contact

Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Halloween Half Marathon

Untitled by rjrunner at Garmin Connect - Details

Click on the link above to see my Halloween Half Marathon Run.  Too bad my stomach pains and issues killed my official time.  I still consider it a Personal Best Run! 2:01:07 running time (Thank goodness for my Forerunner by Garmin) and nearly 10 min spent in a port-a-potty. My official race time is 2:10.38.

My spits are pretty impressive for ME running!
mile 1-  8:12.4
mile 2-  8:36.5
mile 3- 7:57.4
mile 4- 8:25.2
mile 5- 8:54.5
mile 6-  8:56.3
mile 7- 10:07.6
mile 8- 10:08.0
mile 9- 10:04.3
mile 10- 10:34.2
mile 11- 10:17.8
mile 12- 10:00.1
mile 13- 10:07.2
overall average moving pace for the race  9:20.4 min/mile!

 Here's the shirt!
 Here's the costume the night before.
 4am and ready to go!
The race is over!  I was glad to see my cheerleaders at the end of this challenging race.

4 comments:

  1. I am blown away! And I never realized how gorgeous your eyes are :)

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky I have been walking for 4 weeks 3-4 times a week for 40 minutes - over the last 2 weeks I've been building up spurts of running and how fast I run during those spurts (about 1-2 minutes at 5.0 - 5.3 speed) after doing this last Tuesday I noticed my knees killed the next day and for the rest of the week - I talked to a friend who is a lifelong runner and has always been in shape, she suggested icing my knees several times a day and taking Advil on top of that and slow down my intensity - I have but it is sooo frustrating to slow down again. Did you experience knee troubles when you started out? How did you build up to running? Any stretches or recovery tricks you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks XL! Rachel, I have been very fortunate not to have knee problems. Many people simply can't run because of their knees. Do more walking just at the fastest pace you possibly can and see if that helps. Working out on an elliptical gives a great workout without stress on you knees and that is what I use the days I can't run outside. (my treadmill is broken) Be patient with yourself. You can get a great workout by walking 3 min, jog 2 min then repeat for as long as you have energy to. The idea is get your heart rate up then bring it down. You may want to jog at a 4 or 4.5. Just start slowly and most importantly listen to your body. I don't stretch before I run but I do walk a 1/4 mile or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All information provide form online pharmacy.visit in best Online pharmacy in USA.

    ReplyDelete