home about recipes tips support group contact

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Turning 40 and 5K Race

I am now 40 yrs old!  YAHOOOO!  I had a wonderful full weekend of fun!  My birthday was amazing!!!IMG_6280Visit www.myreasontosmile.blogspot.com for all the photos from my birthday celebration.

This morning I ran the first race for the month.  I am starting my 40th year running, running, running!  The Pony Express 5K was this morning.  I decided to run with my sister Anna at her pace.  It made for a very nice easy run.  I really enjoyed it up till the very end where she took off sprinting to the finish line! Just joking, we finished within a second of each other but it caught me off guard.  It was a very different mind set to run along side someone rather than full out run your hardest and push your body to its limits.  Once I got home I jumped on my bike for a nice 7 mile ride.  It is good to start feeling like an athlete again!

 IMG_6434

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Wish I would have done this same thing when I turned 40 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed your birthday! I love you! Happy birthday! Good work on the running!

    ReplyDelete