home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ending the Year Right- Doing the Impossible

 

 running

  new year eve workout

NOTHING feels better than doing that thing you thought was not possible. I used to run at under 10 min/mile speeds all the time. It was the norm. Then I stopped running regularly. It was over a year ago that I ran at under 10 min/mile. Well today I needed to do something to feel good about myself after a week of eating JUNK and not exercising.  I did my 1/2 mile warm up walking at a 3.5-4 mile/hour pace. Then I thought I want to push myself. I set the goal to do a full mile in less than 10 minutes. I have been doing a mile here or there at 12 min pace or 11 if I really want to push it. So today I ran a mile in 9:46. Not fast by the world’s standards but fast for me, especially since I haven’t been running hardly at all.

new years eve workout 

Cropped

1 comment: