home about recipes tips support group contact

Friday, December 2, 2011

Support Group

I am being really selfish and have volunteered to head up a Healthy Living/Weight Loss/Weight Maintenance Support Group.  Why is this selfish?  I NEED it just as much or even more than the ladies that will be attending.  I have fallen back into my old eating habits.  Thank goodness for 5am boot camp and toning or I would really have added on a lot of pounds.  I want to feel like I am in control of my eating again and not that the eating is controlling me.  I have a food addiction and for a year it was under control.  I need that control again!!!  I need my Heavenly Father's help and the support of others to do this.  I can do this because I have done hard things.  It won't be easy and it will hurt but it is worth it!!!

Support Group details: Friday 10:30ish in the RS room of the Cedar Trails Building

I have added a new tab at the top of the blog page "SUPPORT GROUP" to place all of the handouts, information and  HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS.  Good Luck and I'll see you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Becky this is about as far away from selfish as it can get. This is called taking care of one of Heavenly Father's children. That child is YOU Becky. We are so good at taking care of every one else, and thinking of them as children of God but we forget that we are just as important. I know exactly how you feel. I have been attending a similar group every Thursday for about 18 months, I even have to find a babysitter for my three year old. It is so hard to get there, and I often feel selfish and horrible about doing it because I "feel" like I should be at home with my kids. But the truth is Becky when I take care of myself I am 100% more productive, caring, and spiritually enlightened. I know Heavenly Father wants me to do this, and I know he will feel the same way about you. Love ya, your right this is going to be hard, but it will be worth is see if you can find anything from Terry Bradshaw on Shame vs Guilt on line it was an eye opener for me this week.
    xoxo
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete