Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Trot 2011

My first race EVER was a Turkey Trot 2 years ago.  What a difference a couple years makes.
IMG_8962
2009

253
2010 (7 degrees and I froze! I averaged 11:17 min/mile this year.)
104
This morning 2011! I ran 3.7 miles in 33 min or less.  The Garmin says 33 min exact and the time keepers told me 31:15 min.  Either time is great. At 33 min it is exactly 9 min/mile and for this race I’ll take it! If the time was 31:15 then I averaged 8:44 min/mile also a great time. The first 3/4 miles you gain 100 feet. That is a tough way to start!  I pushed myself so hard to not slow down or walk and I did it.  I have only had one slow 4 mile run since the half marathon nearly 4 weeks ago so I was worried as to how well I could do but I am really proud on myself! I am so thankful for a very strong healthy body that I’ve worked so hard to have!!!
097
The beautiful valley that I live in and the perfect place to run a Turkey Trot! It was a beautiful sunrise this morning.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Becky, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did AWESOME! Congrats on a great run :) And hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love spending time with family!

    ReplyDelete