home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Am I ready?

 

I needed a picture today because I haven’t felt very good about my body.  My clothes are tight and I hate that! But I look at this picture and I can see a healthy woman that is working hard to be fit and strong. 166

I celebrate my 3rd anniversary of beginning my journey to a healthy life by running my 3rd half marathon on Saturday.  My body has been so exhausted lately.  I hope I can do well and feel good about the race.  My eating has been all over the place and that frustrates me.  I do feel strong but so tired.  I do have reason to be tired as there is so much going on.  I am a staff member for Cub Scout Day Camp all day tomorrow and Friday(5:30am-3pm) as well as putting together and decorating cakes, making scrapbooks and tons of other stuff for my sons Eagle Scout Court of Honor on Sunday.  I just hope to live through Sunday night.  So busy!!!  That’s the life of a mother!

3 comments:

  1. That's what I see too! You are strong and beautiful inside and out. I'm trying to worry less about the scale and more about just trying to make good choices most of the time. I find it's been healthier for my mind. I have bad days/moments but most of them are good and I think that's what really counts. One thing I'm trying hard to remember in this busy, busy summer is that "this too shall pass" and I will miss all the busyness of having small children around the house someday when I have more time to myself. I need to enjoy it now and remember it when I'm exhausted. Balance in all things, right?! I hope you make it through your week ok and get some rest before the big race. I'm sure you will do great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! I have to take pictures because when I look in the mirror I still see s different person. Camera angle is always key too.
      :-) I am tackling one thing at a time for the court of honor snd trying to get everything done before the race since I don't know how my body will feel after it. I will be fine.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Katrina! I have to take pictures because when I look in the mirror I still see s different person. Camera angle is always key too.
      :-) I am tackling one thing at a time for the court of honor snd trying to get everything done before the race since I don't know how my body will feel after it. I will be fine.

      Delete