home about recipes tips support group contact

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Course Correction

coursecorrection1

I posted a very lofty goal a couple weeks ago and at the time I was determined that no matter what I was going to reach it.  The proIMG_2712blem with the goal is that my mind was overwhelmed with the goal. I wasn't in balance. The battle of balance is hard for me. I am still working toward being healthy but I am starting to realize that my happiness is not determined by the number on the scale.

I am an average size American woman. I feel pretty healthy. I am eating more calories than maybe I should be but I am jogging again.I am trying to make healthier choices most of the time.  It sure feels good to feel my running shoes hitting the pavement and to get all sweaty and smelly.  I feel more toned and tight.  I am much larger than I like my body to be but for now I need to find happiness in it. The scale is going away for now. I don’t find happiness in the numbers. I just need to focus on my spiritual growth and also focus more on my role as a wife and mother. When I focus on those things the healthier me seems to emerge without much work.

So I am still working on my weight goal but it isn’t my focus. I think all of need a course correction every now and then.  I seem to need quite a few lately. I am really enjoying life right now even in this bigger-than-I want-to-be body.

No comments:

Post a Comment