home about recipes tips support group contact

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Progress is Slow

I want to be down 30 pounds.  NOW! Gaining weight was FAST but losing weight is SLOW! It is easy to become discouraged. I made the mistake of getting on the scale Friday. I was feeling great and my pants were a bit looser so I just had to peek. 3 pounds up!!! UGGHHH! The scale isn’t always my friend and Friday it created a downward spiral in my plan . I ate well until mid afternoon. It was my first day back working and maybe that had something to do with it too but I ate more calories than I should have (about 2500 for the day). Well then yesterday I felt munchy all day and again I ate more than I should have.

Today my mind is back in the game. Sunday is a good day to step back and focus on the big picture. I need to be okay with 1 pound loses or gains. I need to pat myself on the back when I go for a walk rather than sit on couch. I am not perfect but I am trying. I am feeling more toned and seeing a little progress. Rather than slip further off track I am back in the game.

Working everyday I need to figure out when exercise will happen. I start at 6am getting kids ready and off then I am off. Once I get home the after school hours are busy with carpooling, sports games, homework, chores. Maybe after kids are in bed I can get a bit of cadio.

I can do this!!!

IMG_2595

No comments:

Post a Comment