home about recipes tips support group contact

Monday, April 18, 2011

Starting Over

I’ve decided that today is the day to get back on track.  Really back on track not just kind of but for real this time.  Ever since my surgery back in February I have been struggling with my eating habits.  I am still exercising like I always have but I have slipped some in my eating.  I am baking a lot more and even though I use good ingredients and the recipes are much healthier they are still extra calories that I wouldn’t have touched a year ago. I am making a change today!  I ran 5 miles on Saturday and 3 1/2 this morning (even in the rain)! I feel good but my goal is 180 by my birthday and that is just 40 days away and 13 pounds.  I know I can do it but it will take A LOT of discipline.  I used to be very strict in my eating and I can do it again.  It won’t be easy but it will be worth it for my clothes to fit loosely again. I have asked my husband and family for support in this and I know with their help I can do it.

Tonight for Family Home Evening we are going to make a Family Fitness Goal.  We all could be healthier.  I am hoping for a goal of 1000 miles between the 7 of us and then we’ll go on a week vacation or buy something the family decides on.  I am no longer going to cook differently for myself so we will all eat the same.  It will be a good change and something I have gotten away from.  I am excited to do this as a family!!!!

BTW

I got a letter from the underwriter at the Life Insurance Company and I now have Life Insurance.  YEAH!!!!

2 comments:

  1. One thing I really noticed when I started making big changes this year was that cooking for the family, which included me, as opposed to making myself my own meal is critical for me.

    For 13 years I have been making them a meal and me a meal and that was a terrible thing to get into. Sometimes it is necessary because they have their loves, which aren't even unhealthy, just not on track for me. It feels like such a double standard. Like they can eat whatever they want and I have to eat chicken and veggies. It felt like a punishment, which messed with my head. That has stopped and I find that I am a much happier mama. And their little bodies are so healthy. I have really discovered some healthy recipes in doing this too. Finding something that I can eat and that they'll like is a challenge but it keeps me on my toes.

    I love your family goal. I'm excited to see what you guys end up choosing at the end of the 1000 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't explain to you my current frustration with this problem! Some days I am cooking 9 meals a day one for me one for my husband who has crazy allegeries and one for the kids. I hate food! And yet I know if I don't get the food under control nothing is going to stick! I am so glad your back I have to tell you I missed you posting what were you gone like a week??? Too crazy, I even told my husband, "I am worried about Becky she hasn't been posting" he looked at me like I was out of my mind. You don't even know her, I said I know but we are on the same journey.
    Loving the the 1000 miles goal! And I am glad you had a fun vacation!!

    ReplyDelete