home about recipes tips support group contact

Saturday, April 2, 2011

One of My Favorite Weekends of the Year

I love General Conference weekend.  It is always the first weekend of April and October.  As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormons) this is our opportunity to hear from our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and the Apostles and other General Authorities.  Their messages are always so inspiring and help me become a better person.  I am uplifted and have a desire to be the best mother and wife that I can possibly be.  I go away feeling good about what I am doing but also making new goals for the future.  These meetings are televised and we watch all 4 sessions of Conference as a family.  I love bring cozied up on the couch for 2 days being inspired and uplifted with my family.  Of course there are fun coloring pages and bingo games, treats and yummy food involved.  My kids know that this is what we do and they love it to.  Michael is off to a Youth Breakfast with the Bishop right now to encourage the youth to watch all sessions of Conference.  I think that is wonderful! We always watched General Conference when I was a child and I am so glad that it was just what we did.  I LOVE hearing the words of our Latter-day Prophets and Leaders.

To listen yourself or to learn more visit www.lds.org .

Now I’m off to get my Bountiful Basket and then enjoy snuggling up and watching Conference with my family!

1 comment: