home about recipes tips support group contact

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Reality of Weight Loss (revised)

034

It takes a lot of courage to post these picture from yesterday. It’s definitely not my favorite picture but it is the reality of extreme weight loss.  I usually make sure that my angles are perfect the lighting is great that my skin is all tucked in just right. But this my dear readers is what happens when you have lost  a lot of weight and your skin is stretched out from too many years of being morbidly obese.  I really wish I could get rid of the extra skin hanging on my legs.  I tell you they look gorgeous when I have them up in the air but gravity sure does a number on the pounds and pounds of extra skin.  I live with my arms flapping around ok but do get some funny looks over them. I am noticing them more in pictures. Oh well, I should love it and embrace it as a badge of all my hard work but I sure wish there was a way to get rid of it other than surgery (I will never have surgery. Too much money, recovery and the scars are nasty!) So here is me trying to accept the body that I have and keep trying to love it with extra skin and all!004

The arms, oh dear! But I just won’t live my life covering everything up. This is me all loosey goosey skin and all!

093

P.S. I took this pictures merely minutes ago to remind myself that even though under it all the skin is lose and the body not perfect, I am beautiful and I am so thankful to have this amazing strong healthy body and a cute little girl as a bonus.

P.P.S. I didn’t mean to criticize my body and what it looks like but just hope that others who may be going through this journey may gain an understanding of what may be ahead of them.  I wish that I knew that the skin wouldn’t just shrink up and disappear.  I work so hard to tone and the arm skin has shrunk a lot but the legs, hips, thighs and backside  are much slower to respond.  I guess that’s why we have clothes!

10 comments:

  1. Becky, you look beautiful to me! I understand the frustration over floppy skin, but to me it is just so wonderful that you are healthy enough to live an adventurous life, and do it with your kids!!! Just think of all the things you do with your family now that you would never have been able to do before your personal transformation! I am sure there were women there who looked at you with admiration and were probably inspired by you to get back on the wagon. Never criticize yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous, Becky! On the outside as well as on the inside. You are so amazingly strong and courageous... and just BEAUTIFUL! It is such a gift that you share this with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky
    I was great to meet you last month. You are awesome and you are my strength.Keep up the the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skin is a badge of honor for sure. A constant reminder of the miracles you have proved can happen. You are brave and should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, thank you! that's all, just thank you! I am crying to hard to write anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, we should all challenge ourselves to take a picture of what we dislike. Thats a lot of courage. I'm 25, never had children, and I despise the light stretch marks all over my hips and belly. Doesnt seem to bother my husband, so I'll just learn to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you tell the differnts beteen exstra skin or fat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Extra skin is loose and very thin if you pinch it. When I lay down all of the skin falls to the sides of me and it looks like I am laying in a puddle of skin. Maybe I'll have my hubby take a discrete picture of it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess that is why we have clothes - PERFECT! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... I just found your blog through your comment on my blog. Your story is amazing. Thanks for your honesty. It's great to see a woman who is being real about her body and her weight loss.

    ReplyDelete