home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where My Mind Is At

I have learned through the past 2 1/2 years that weight loss and  maintenance is mostly a mental game. I want to get back to 190 pounds so badly but I am really struggling with getting my mind back into it.  I know what I need to do to be back there. (Most of it a spiritual journey for me.  I need to put ALL of my trust in my Heavenly Father that he will once again take these terrible food cravings away. I know once I am willing to let go of food that He will do the rest. But I so badly want the cookies, ice cream and chips!!! I have to decide which I want more and of course I want a healthy body.) I have done it before but I also know how hard it is.  I don't like feeling hungry and depriving myself of treats.  No one likes deprivation but I used to get great pleasure out of "doing without".  I am exercising almost normally now.  My ribs and hand are at about 90%.  I can't wait till I can exercise without discomfort.  I'm taking it one day at a time and yesterday I ate perfectly and followed my menu plan.  Today has started off terribly with eating.  Tomorrow will be better.  All we can do is our best and for now my best is exercising like crazy so that my extra indulgences don't create too much havoc on the scale.

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with ya! I'll have a good day and then the next I'll eat 5 sugar cookies in a row. I wish I had never fallen off the wagon (darn sickness) and got out of my good groove! I still haven't returned to normal on my exercise either. Oh well, I'm going to keep trying. I haven't tried asking Heavenly Father for help with this. Maybe I'll try that next. Thanks for this post, Becky. Makes me feel less alone in the struggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration. I have been struggling with my diet and exercise since I lost all my will December! I love reading your posts. You can do whatever you put your mind to. Just remember moderation in all things. I like your idea of asking Heavenly Father to take the cravings away~ what a fabulous idea!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Sister. You my friend are an inspiration, in more ways than you can even possibly imagine. Thanks for pushing me forward and encouraging me in my journey. Keep on keeping on. ~ Hugs

    ReplyDelete