home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1st Run of the Season… Glorious! and a little more…

I decided that while Jaimee was at Play School this morning I’d take advantage of my alone time and go for a run.  I haven’t run outside since November at the Turkey Trot.  I was a little nervous being just 5 weeks post surgery but I’ve kept up on my daily workouts only missing the actual day of surgery so I knew I could run but I wasn’t sure how slow I might be.  I was pleasantly surprised!  I ran a 5K (3.2 miles) in 33 min 30 sec.  Not fast but definitely not slow. My best 5k time is 29 min 50 sec last June.  I was so pleased with myself.  My best pace was 8min 30 sec mile but I averaged about an 10 min 40 sec mile.  Not too shabby for my first run of the season! The temperature was 40 degrees with a light southerly wind. I feel so ALIVE!!!

On another note I’ve been counting calories and drinking water like crazy (12-15 cups a day) for the past week and boy has it paid off.  I feel like my old self again after 3 months of being out of balance. I had to step on the scale several times this morning. 183.6 lbs!  I want to stay between 175 and 180 permanently so I am almost there again. YEAH!!! I took a few pictures to document my success and to show myself that I am still reaching goals and that my body still looks great. ( It’s crazy but I still have days were I feel big and not very happy with how I look.)

020006

I purposefully choose to wear the same clothes that I wore in my title picture of the blog when I was at my lowest weight (174.6 lbs) to compare and I am so pleased with how they turned out. My shirt and jeans are actually a little loser,  hummmm maybe I have been building muscle!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! WAHOOOO!!!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH, I am so jealous, I keep looking longing at the road, waiting for the snow to melt waiting for the + of temperatures. I am going to run a 1/2 at the end of May and I am starting to get real nervous, maybe I should buy a treadmill. Today was falling into place only to have my preschooler throw up at school with no warning signs at all. Oh well live to run another day. The pictures look great, good for you!

    ReplyDelete