home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Eating Healthy

042

I think I am finally starting to get the hang of balanced eating.  I was a bit of a health fanatic for a while (like a year and a half) and wouldn’t let anything “unhealthy” into my body.  Well, I missed out on some delicious foods and felt left out of some events because of it.  I now realize that splurging is okay and that all foods are created for our use and for our enjoyment. I still try not to splurge very often and when I do it is in moderation (most of the time). With that said this is my lunch today.  A huge serving of zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers and black beans. I steamed them in 2 tbsp of water and only added 1 tsp minced garlic, a little fresh cracked black pepper and sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top. Delicious, filling and so good for you! What’s even better is that the zucchini, tomatoes and peppers are fresh from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment