home about recipes tips support group contact

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacation

We have been on vacation this week. We've been gone all day doing fun stuff then home at night. The problem that I'm running into is that I have allowed my eating to be on vacation too. I';m not eating terribly but a dessert here and there and the quantity a lot more than normal. I was so much stricter last year with my eating habits. I need to get back to that place mentally. I really want and need to lose 10-15 pounds. I have some extra around my middle that my clothes just won't accommodate. The thing is is that I know what I need to do but I just haven't committed myself to do it yet. Why? Why can't I just make the change today and do what I know I need to do? AHHHH! I am frustrated with myself and my lack of will power. I keep thinking that once the kids are back in school that I'll get completely back on track. Maybe I have needed this break. I didn't need a break last summer, why this summer?

Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I am so NORMAL! I wish I was some freak sometimes that never wanted to eat sugar or taste the fattening butter sauce but I'm not. I want it all but I know what eating it will do to my body, my mind and my spirit. Moderation I know is the key but for me one taste often sends me into crazy cravings. One day at a time I guess. So now it's off to the water park for the day. I better run up some of the stairs today to those slides!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is not easy finding that balance. Last summer you were still in emeergency/losing weight mode. This summer you are trying to live a "normal" life. But you haven't had much experience of what that is really have you? You'll find your balance; keep trying but don't beat yourself up about it.

    What you've achieved is great and you're not going to let it go.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete