home about recipes tips support group contact

Friday, February 4, 2011

Recovery

Today is day 3 and I am feeling a lot better and I'm off my loritab (pain pills). I am up 10 pounds and 4 inches on my swollen stomach. I am very tired but can't sleep during the day.  I feel very blessed that I'm doing as well as I am.  I have been totally spoiled by wonderful neighbors and friends ( my husband and sister Anna). Meals have been brought in and kids were taken care of.  I even had a wonderful sponge bath and massage.  Thanks so much for all of your prayers and acts of service.
I am hoping I feel well enough to get dressed up and sit at the table for the Valentine’s Dinner and dance tomorrow.  I look forward to it every year and even got a new dress (I don’t know if it’ll fit with all of my swelling.).  I won’t dance, well maybe one slow dance,  but I sure want to go!!!

Note: I only weighed myself as information.  I am not worried about what my weight is right now but curious really what happens to the body after such a traumatic event.  I have a lot of CO2 trapped inside me as well as lots of fluid in my tummy.  TMI coming....constipation has to be a couple pounds in itself.


023024
004

035015

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are doing well. I hope your recovery goes quickly. If I could offer any advice it would be this. Stop weighing yourself for awhile while you recover. It causes stress and anxiety which is not conducive to healing. Just let your body be for a bit. You look great, you've done an amazing job. Focus your energy into healthy thinking and leave the scale alone. You eat right, you don't need to worry.

    You didn't ask for it, I know, but there's my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete