home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A new goal and reward!

I just got back a few days ago from an amazing family reunion with my mom and 5 siblings in Canada.  It was so good to see everyone and be together.  Being gone 9 days was havoc on my eating and exercise.  I could have exercised and eaten right but I choose to put everything on vacation.  Did I enjoy it YES!!!  Does the scale show it YES!!!  (All the way up to 209. OUCH!!! Sometimes it is hard to be honest when the numbers are so far away from where I need to be.) So here I am really excited to be back on track.

My amazing husband has been losing weight at a very healthy pace since February.  I am so proud of him.  He has changed his eating habits and now finds ways to get a little exercise. He has lost 35 lbs so far!family reunion 826

We are both needing a little, actually I need A LOT, of motivation to keep going.  So I came up with a plan to get motivated.  Our 18th Anniversary is this December.  We haven’t been on more than a night or two away in 11 years.  I figure that a real vacation away would be a fantastic reward.  I really want to see 189 lbs again. I haven’t seen the 180’s since my gallbladder surgery over a year and a half ago.  My hubby will work on losing 20 pounds.  Actually both of us will need to lose 20 pounds in order to book our vacation.  We are thinking a last minute Caribbean or Mexican Rivera Cruise would be fantastic.  So I need to kick into high gear to get my 20 pounds off because since they are “the last 20” they will be much more difficult than my sweet husbands 20.  I really don’t want Dan to have to wait for me to reach the goal.  It may take 2 months or 3 but we both have to reach our goal to book the cruise.

I have created a cute chart to color in that leads us to a picture of a cruise ship.  I know I can do this.  I don’t want to let my husband down.  The  great thing is that we even have the money in savings so when we reach our goal as a couple we can really do the trip.  I can hardly wait!  As a bonus we will look fantastic in our bathing suits!

On a side note, while were staying at my moms I noticed my older sister’s Grade 12 Graduation Dress (like senior prom)that my mom had made. I always thought she was so skinny and healthy growing up and she was! I loved the look of the dress.  What I would have given to have worn that dress myself to my Grade 12 Grad dinner/dance!  Anyway I looked at the dress several times over the week and thought, “I wonder if there is any way it might fit?”  Well finally toward the end of our stay I tried it on.  Now there wasn’t anywhere real private to put it on so I put it on over jeans, shirt and all.  WOWWEEE!!! IT FIT!!!

family reunion 1065

5 comments:

  1. This post made me smile so many times! I noticed last time I saw him that your hubby looked thinner. What a great goal and motivator! Isn't it so nice when you can do it together? Oh, and the last bit about the dress...that is so cool! I bet it felt amazing. I know you will reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! I wish I could stay focused and dedicated for more than a couple days. AGGHHH, stress comes up and I start eating crazy. I will eventually reach my goal even if it is in 6 months!

      Delete
  2. I was at the same grad as that dress!!!and I remember it well. Congratulations, to fit into it and with clothes under it is truly inspiring! You look fabulous, and happy. I hope you had a great visit up here. I keep reading and keep inspired by your perseverence, congratulations, on so many things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I must state that the dress is big on Kara now. She is working out like crazy and eating like a bird. She is tiny!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I saw some of her pictures on Facebook! She looks incredible. You are both inspiring, though I don't know about the passing out part :-)

    ReplyDelete