home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Master Muffin Recipe

It has been a little while since I have focused on posting my recipes I create weekly.  I am always creating new recipes, sometimes daily, but I don’t write down ingredients very well.  I told my kids that with so many school fees and extra curricular costs that we needed to cut way back on our grocery budget which means that mom bakes a lot more.  I love baking but adds temptation in my path.  I will try to be strong.  Anyway, here is a master recipe that you can add whatever flavor you’d like to and it is delicious.

Whole Wheat Master Muffin Recipe

Recipe Created by Becky Jones

byudancesport2012 muffins 095

Pictured counter clockwise from the bottom: Huckleberry jam, plain, chocolate chip and cinnamon/nutmeg.

 

8 cups whole wheat flour

4 tbsp baking powder

2 tsp salt

Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.

2/3 cups honey

1/4 cup canola oil

3/4 cups organic unsweetened applesauce

2 cups non fat milk

2 cups water

2 eggs

Mix together and add to dry ingredients. Mix until well incorporated.  Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.  Use pap4er liners or spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This recipe makes 48 muffins.  You can half this recipe.

Add ins:

  • chocolate chips (as many or as few as you desire) This is my children’s favorite!
  • cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract
  • jam
  • blueberries
  • raspberries
  • apple chunks and cinnamon
  • add a streusel topping (brown sugar and cinnamon with a little butter)
  • cheese
  • parsley and garlic powder
  • bacon bits and cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment