home about recipes tips support group contact

Monday, October 29, 2012

Keeping the Doing

This life long struggle with my physical body is tiring.  It takes so much effort for me to desire to eat right and to get myself downstairs to workout.  Then once I am in the exercise room to push myself to work hard.  (With the colder weather my running partner and I don’t run outside but move inside and it is me alone responsible to get myself to workout.) Why?  I want to be healthy, I want my clothes to look nice, I want to feel great!  Well, the body, actually the mind is very powerful.  It tells my body that it’s too much work,  it’s too hard to exercise.  The food will make you feel good, the food will fill your empty corners and provide the comfort you seek.  All lies!!!  BUT I do listen to those thoughts on occasion and then I feel less than great about my choices. 

Thankfully we can start over at any moment of time.  We don’t have to wait for tomorrow because now is the best time to start over.  This life is meant to be a test of us overcoming the trails of being a mortal being.  Each day we decide what kind of day it is going to be.  Let’s try to make each day our best day yet!  I have been doing better at not overeating the sweets and reaching more for healthier choices but I haven’t cut anything out.  I think that is really best.  You need to be able to be a part of celebrations and the food is a part of our culture. 

Now, don’t worry!  Just because it is hard doesn’t mean I have given up and have stopped eating well and exercising.  I still push through the days.  Some days are better than others and when life throws curve balls into my path which seems to be happening more and more frequently I mess up royally with my “healthy living plan” but the next day I begin again. All we can do keep doing what we know we need to do.

The hardest times for me to push myself is when I am grieving a loss.  Loss of a loved one, loss of a dream, loss of a job, loss of (fill in the blank). I am re-teaching my mind once again that the comfort I desire for the loss can’t be filled with food.  The only person to truly fill the emptiness is my Savior Jesus the Christ.  He is where I can find peace and strength to keep doing.  I have a few quotes to share here with you.  They aren’t really anything about health but simply about the struggles that life throws at us and keeping moving forward and finding strength in the Lord.

49187820899732942_cdX27iQA_c

tumblr_m27q0l8QXp1rsmpovo1_500

47104_422485521144823_1897852355_n

realityoftomorrowConquered_daisy yellow_small

eric

My cousin Eric Nordquist. 

Returned to his Heavenly home way too early. 

You are loved and you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment