home about recipes tips support group contact

Friday, December 3, 2010

Confession

Last night was the Ward Relief Society Christmas Dinner.  I knew it was coming so I didn't eat much during the day.  The food was wonderful.  I had a large helping of salad, broccoli, some grapes and a slice of ham. I skipped over the mashed potatoes, hash brown casserole and the salad dressings but my plate was full.I even kept my self content not eating any of the dozen or so delicious desserts that women had lovingly prepared. Before leaving I made up a small plate of yummy desserts to take home to my kids and hubby.  That was a mistake! Sugar makes me want to eat, eat, eat!  I wanted just a bite of each treat so I did and then passed everything onto the rest of the family.  I didn't eat much of the sweets but it was enough to have my stomach wanting FOOD!  I hadn't eaten well all day and mostly snacked other than my smoothie which was a mistake.  And I really didn't each much dinner so more calories wasn't the problem but the time of day is.  I gave in rather than push through my craving and made a veggie burger and had a few multi grain chips with it at 9pm. Being who I am I did a hard 30 min workout on the elliptical to overcome my guilt of eating so late followed by 30 min of crunches, leg lifts and push ups. Next time I will eat regularly during the day and eat a little of whatever is prepared and why not just cut a small bite out of each dessert while I'm there rather than take so much home.  Anyway, I learned a lesson so next time I will make a better decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment