home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How to Love Yourself

I didn't always like how big I was but I always felt beautiful and I loved the person inside.  I think it really started with my parents telling me of my worth and beauty.  My Dad especially always told me how beautiful I was and then my wonderful husband compliments me everyday as well. I never questioned if I was pretty, I knew I was and then made sure I did my hair, put on make-up and wore flattering clothes.   I think looking your best is key to feeling good about yourself.  I have been very blessed with a love for others that gives me a huge drive to give service.  Nothings makes you feel better than when you are in service to others!

If you are struggling with loving yourself here are a few things that may help.You can start loving yourself by making a list of the good things you do, the things you have accomplished in this life so far, and also ask your husband or kids what they like about you. It may be hard but tell yourself positive things in your mind throughout the day.  Even if the things aren't true if you tell them to yourself then they will come true eventually.  I have a list of goals and Life Affirmations in my closet that I look at every morning.  One of those sentences reads," I weigh less than 200 pounds.".  At the time I wrote it I questioned if I could actually get there but here I am now at 177 and I did it.

Praise your self for all that you accomplish.  Even the little things you should pat yourself on the back for accomplishing.  Surround your self with positive people that will compliment you and your efforts.  Friends are very important.  I didn't realize the importance of friends until recently.  Life is so much sweeter when you open up your heart and life to others and let them in. When others tell you of your worth and they love you, it is easier in return to love yourself. 

Of course the best way to find love for yourself is to get to know your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.  Get on your knees and spend time developing a relationship with them and after you feel of their unconditional love for you then you can't question you worth.  You are a daughter or son of God.  You are of Infinite Worth.  You have a Divine Nature and there are things that you need to do in this life. 

I feel very blessed to know who I am, why I am here, and the role I have here that will help me to ultimately return to live with my Heavenly Father.  Part of our mission here on this Earth is taking care of our bodies.  We have a stewardship over them and we must not only keep ourselves spiritually in shape but physically in shape as well.  They really go hand in hand.  Our body is the home for our spirit.  We need to provide it a healthy, happy place to reside. I only now appreciate this truth.  Remember with our Heavenly Father's help all things are possible. The Atonement of our Savior is there to take away the pain and heartache if we let him.
Let's try and be a little kinder to ourselves as we work on improving who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment