home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Featured Blog at TOFW

I have been waiting for this day for several weeks.  I feel overwhelmed with the opportunity to share my journey with many other women.  This journey to health is not easy.  The world and my “natural man” fight against me all day everyday but I persevere.  This body is my temple and I must take care of it.  My Heavenly Father and Savior have been by my side from the beginning.  They have always been there for me. 
You can find my featured blog story over here!
LOVE LETTERS TO MYSELF
Becky
February 22, 2012
Change is hard, especially when it comes to loosing weight to become a healthier YOU! It helps so much to have some encouragement along the way. This blogger wrote a letter to herself to help carry her through the difficult moments of change. Through loving herself, she accomplished something amazing.

This week is particularly tough.  The timing is inspired as if the Lord had a hand in all of this.  Of course He did!  I am in charge of the Blue and Gold Banquet tonight and spent all yesterday evening shopping for it and picking up the rented decorations. Of course my son was sick at lunch and needed to be picked up from school and I had a meal to bring to my neighbor who just had a baby. But the real news yesterday came first thing in the morning when I found out that my husbands Uncle Terry passed away expectantly.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that families can be together forever.  So needless to say I’ve been on the verge of tears all day!

I am also over the 6th Grade Renaissance Faire this Friday.  The funeral happens to be Friday, of course! So I had to run over to the school amidst Daisy Scouts and Ballroom Dance practice to let the teachers know of my situation and to ask for help in replacing me for the event.  I feel like I am letting everyone down but I have to be with the family!  The teachers of course were very understanding and all will be fine. I crawled into bed  at 11:30pm last night after putting together all of the thank-you baskets for my scout leaders.

Oh, life is crazy!  I write this just to show that I am just as normal as everyone else. I still push myself to get out of bed and exercise and try to eat right. When I woke up at 4:45am to go to my boot camp class this morning I laid in bed for 10 min extra trying to decide if it was a good idea to go or not.  My day is so busy with decorating and setting up the gym.  Finishing a few odds and ends and then of course the big event. I just couldn't miss class!  I love the feeling of pushing myself.  I need to push myself, especially since I still emotionally eat on occasion. I was so glad I went.  I needed to sweat and to see the faces of all the others that were there for the same reasons I am, to live a healthier life.  I will be dead on my feet by 10pm tonight when I have finally made it home from what will be an amazing Blue and gold Banquet themed all around our 5 missionaries serving from our Ward. I will get through this week and all the weeks in the future. I'm so thankful for heavenly and earthly angles that are carrying me through this week.

Thanks so much to Time Out For Women for choosing me to be featured.  I love TOFW and the wonderful weekend they give me to recharge my spiritual self each year.  I feel so blessed to be able to share a little of me with you.  I'd love to be of help to any who is looking for answers to questions on how to start their own journey. Please contact me and I'll be one of your cheerleaders!!!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH BECKY!!!! This is soooooooooooo awesome! It makes me want to give you a hug. I feel so close to you it is a little weird! This helps me celebrate my journey! Thanks sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All information provide form online pharmacy.visit in best Online pharmacy in USA

    ReplyDelete