home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Alter Your Clothes - Feb 25th, 2010

except for jeans and pants. Or buy second hand. (This skirt was $3 at a thrift store. Old Navy brand and looked new.) I have altered everything from a dozen or more shirts to skirts to my swimming suit and the formal 2 piece dress I wore to the Valentine's dance. My wonderful friend Stace gave me this beautiful new shirt and it's so cute. It was a little baggy so I started just under the arm and stitch in an inch or so on each side all the way down the side seams, trim off the extra fabric and there you go a perfectly fitting shirt! I have even gone so far as to take in the back center and side seams of a dress blouse just because I like it so much and don't want to buy a new one. It went from a size 28 to a size 14. If the shoulders are too big you will have to create a back center seam, otherwise just keep taking in the side seams. It is so fun to have new clothes right out of the closet that fit again in a matter of 5 minutes. Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment