home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I love being in the kitchen - March 17th, 2010

One of my passions in cooking and baking. It is such a creative process. I don't care much for recipes but for baking I do use them as a guide. I absolutely adore cooking shows and love working out while watching them! I have had so much fun making healthy recipes. I am substituting applesauce for butter and oil, cutting sugar in half or using honey or splenda (I don't care for the odd flavor it gives to baking.) instead and no more white flour. I grind wheat each week and keep a gallon bag of whole wheat flour in the freezer for baking. I am also trying to use more veggies in our dinners and cooking with olive oil. Here are some pictures from my kitchen adventures this week.

Chicken Stirfry with broccoli and cabbage.Toll House Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies (with applesauce/whole wheat flour and reduced sugar)

To die for carrot cake! This was amazing! No eggs even. Tons of good wholesome ingredients!

Honey, Applesauce Raisin, Whole Wheat Muffins

Banana Oatmeal Whole Wheat Muffins

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment