home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Being the Best Me - Jan 14, 2010

I was really impressed by a lady on Rachel Ray the other day. She talked about how what size you wear doesn't matter just make sure you look your best and that you are happy. Numbers have become so important to me. I weigh twice a day (morning and night) and once a week I measure my waist and hips. I count calories all day long. I watch the minutes tick by on my exercise equipment and check my heart rate every few minutes. I count stomach crunches, leg lifts, reps with the weights and on and on. My world has become about the numbers. Someday I'm sure it won't be but for now these numbers are how I've achieved my goals. I really want to be the best ME I can be and I feel like I am on the right path. Since my physical self is nearly where I want it to be I am really wanting to focus on getting my spiritual self to the same place. My goal for this year is to reach my ultimate weight goal (a total loss of 170 pounds) and to finish the Young Women's Personal Progress Program as a YW Leader. It is going to take a lot of determination but I know I can do it with Heavenly Father's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment