home about recipes tips support group contact

Monday, October 18, 2010

Starting the week off right

I had a great 4.66 mile run this morning.  I walked 1/2 mile to warm up then met up with my running partner and we ran 4 miles averaging a 10 min 30 second mile. I like that speed for exercising. I feel so good when I finish the run!  It starts the day and the week off perfectly to get moving.  I do worry a little once winter hits and it’s freezing cold outside how I’ll keep the motivation to exercise inside.  I know the scale will motivate me but I LOVE exercising outside it’ll be hard to go back to the elliptical and recumbent bike.  How do you stay motivated?  Any ideas for me?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky. I miss seeing you on fb, but love to follow your family blog and now this one. Great job! My family loves watching Biggest Loser and this season there is a woman from Eagle Mountain. My kids keep asking if I think you know her. Keep up the good work and the inspiration for others around you.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky! I love your blog. To help me run outside through the winter last year, I had a dedicated neighbor that was determined like me to run. Because I knew she would be waiting for me, I would get up even when that was the LAST thing I wanted to do! =o) We ran an average of 4 times a week and went 3.3 miles every day. The downside for me running outside through the winter was that when the temps warmed up in the spring, I didn't experience the excitement of getting out again and loving the fresh air. A partner REALLY helps as you know. If you need to, we can check in with each other regularly to see how we're doing and give accountability. I just joined a nearby gym and am doing the treadmill, elliptical, and weights. Best to you always!

    ReplyDelete