home about recipes tips support group contact

Thursday, October 28, 2010

By Request: Becky’s Green Protein Smoothie

008 - Copy010 - Copy011 - Copy012013016018020021All of the ingredients.

The pictures show step by step the making of my breakfast everyday (almost). The cup pictured holds 24 oz and there was still a little left in the food processor.  My blender died so I now use the processor and it works great!

The Recipe: 4-6 cups spinach (2 large handfuls)
2 cups frozen fruit of your choice (I sometimes just do strawberries)
1/2 banana (for flavor and potassium)
1 scoop protein powder
1 cup water (or milk)
Process until it is the consistency you like.  You can add more water or milk if you like it thinner or add ice for a thicker smoothie.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! It's me again. :)
    Do you know off hand what the calorie count is for this smoothie?
    Thank You!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day my smoothie is a little different depending on what I feel like.
    Spinach 20 cal for 2 cups
    Frozen Fruit 60 cal 1 cup
    Fat Free Milk 90 cal 1 cup (optional)
    1 Rounded scoop protein powder 130 cal
    water 0 cal

    My smoothies are usually 4-6 cup spinach, 2 cup fruit, 1 scoop protein powder, water and ice. Total calories around 300. I've started blending in 4 cups of ice cubes to stretch it further and I eat half in the morning and half as my afternoon snack. That saves me about 200 calories a day since I'm not eating an extra snack in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am out of bananas but they are 45 cal for a half banana. You can also add a few packets of Splenda or Truvia if you like the smoothie a little sweeter or even sugar-free jello or fat-free-sugar-free pudding mix to add flavor. Have fun and be creative!!!

    ReplyDelete