home about recipes tips support group contact

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What I am doing now.

I have found that losing weight is easier than maintaining weight.  I have been in the mind set of losing for over a year now and it is hard to let that go. I don't need to lose any more weight.  I feel comfortable where I am at.  I may not care for how I look under the clothes but I am building a lot of muscle and hopefully in a few years most of the lose skin will shrink away.  So what am I currently doing? Here is my schedule:

Monday- Run 4 miles 6:30 am with a friend - we average 5.5-6 miles/hour which I think is great
9pm relax on the floor in front of the TV for 1 hour crunches, leg lifts, push ups, hand weights

Tuesday- 3 mile walk 6am with another friend- slower pace at 4-4 1/2 miles/hour
9pm relax on the floor in front of the TV for 1 hour crunches, leg lifts, push ups, hand weights

Wednesday - Run 4 miles 6:30 am with a friend - we average 5.5-6 miles/hour which I think is great9pm relax on the floor in front of the TV for 1 hour crunches, leg lifts, push ups, hand weights

Thursday - 3 mile walk 6am with another friend- slower pace at 4-4 1/2 miles/hour
9pm relax on the floor in front of the TV for 1 hour crunches, leg lifts, push ups, hand weights

Friday- day off or walking the 3 miles and of course the evening stuff in front of the tv

Saturday- I try to get a good long bike ride in of 15-25 miles

Everyday I try to ride with the kids to school and back twice.  That's only 2 miles altogether with Jaimee in the bike trailer.  It does give me a little exercise if for some reason the morning exercise falls through.  I still get on the elliptical or recumbent bike on occasion. It is getting a lot colder so come November I will rely on my inside equipment.


 Here is a lunch from last week. Veggie burger with relish and lettuce, tomato.  Tomato on the side with pickles and a peach. About 350 calories.  I usually have 48 oz of water with my lunch.


Yesterday's lunch of veggie burger with relish tomato and lettuce, acorn squash and baked apples. About 400 calories. and lots of water!!! 

Eating: I count my calories all day long still.  It has become a habit!  The biggest difference is that I need to eat around 1600-2000 calories a day to maintain my weight.  That really isn't a lot of calories.  I very rarely have sweets and even when I do it is usually a healthy recipe I've tweaked.  I still begin my day with my green protein shake (around 3-400 calories) The smoothie is 4 cups worth so it is a ,lot of fruit and spinach.  I have a mid morning snack (around 200 cal), lunch of 400 cal, afternoon snack (around 200 calories) and then a healthy dinner of 600 calories. I do get hungry the days I run so I often have a couple extra snacks to offset the 650 calories I burned running.  I have discovered different winter squashes that I love and veggie burgers with oroweat buns. Delicious!  I still eat lots of multigrain tortilla chips and tons of celery, tomatoes, peaches, apples, grapes, lots of water!  Drinking 12-15 cups of water a day is a must for losing and maintaining weight!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!! Wow. I am so inspired by you. Seriously. I can't muster up the determination to lose five pounds... you are incredible! Thanks for sharing your amazing story, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete