home about recipes tips support group contact

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My first Race – Nov 26th, 2009


So it was just our local Turkey Trot and I wasn't even trying to win but to just finish well. It was only 20 degrees outside which is super cold. I didn't want to go by myself so I convinced Nathan to do it with me. He did great for the fist mile but was sore and tired after that. The race was 4.5 miles so I had a lot of coaching to do to get Nathan to keep going. I held his hand and drug him a long with me most of the way. He kept telling me how I was the one who was in shape and how I'd been in training for this for months and he hadn't. I'm so proud of him for doing something so difficult for him and not quitting. We did it in 1 hr 10 min which is faster than I though we would do. What a fun way to celebrate this new body that I am so thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment