home about recipes tips support group contact

Monday, October 25, 2010

Running and Gratitude

079

This picture was taken last Wednesday after running4 miles.

I love to run!  I can’t even believe that the word run is really a part of my life but it is.  I started running back in May and it is amazing the progress that I’ve made since then.  When I started I’d average 14:30/mile on a 3 mile run.  Now I can keep a pace of 9:30-10:00 min/mile on a 4 mile run.  WOW!  I run 4 miles twice a week with my friend Daina.  This morning even though it was sprinkling and even a few snow flakes fell we went out and ran our 4 miles! I am so thankful for her pushing me to start running with her.  She has helped me to push myself to run farther and faster.  It is so wonderful to be surrounded by friends that help me reach my goals and support my desire for a healthy lifestyle!  So today I am so thankful for running,  my healthy strong body and for friends.  I can never end a thankful post without expressing my gratitude for my loving husband that supports me and of course my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ that have given me the strength everyday to continue on this journey for a healthy rest of my life.

1 comment: